Cold Laser Treatment of Fungal Nails
Lunula laser is the first and only non-thermal cold laser to receive FDA clearance for Onychomychosis. The highest efficacy is achieved when the laser is used in conjunction with regular debridements and Laser Centers of America protocol regimes.
The core treatment plan consists of:
- Toenail fungus evaluation followed by the first treatment session if prescribed by the treating doctor
- 4 treatment sessions
- Optional items, such as personal hygiene items, are recommended for purchase
- Prevention recommendations
- Follow-up visits
How Laser Therapy Treats Fungus Toenails
Laser fungus removal allows podiatrists to use the power of light to accurately target and destroy fungal spores in the nail bed. Lunula Laser technology uses photo chemistry to target the toenail and stimulate blood flow. Photochemistry is the study of light and color. With red and violet laser lights the photo-chemical reaction targets the toenail fungus and stimulates new clear toenail growth.
Does the Cold Laser Get Through the Nail?
Yes! the Lunula Lasers penetrate through the translucent nail and delivers a photo chemical response directly into the skin under the nail plate and can target fungal spores and help re-grow new healthy nail. This is vital to destroy all fungi that live on top of the nail and below. Other Lasers do not penetrate the nail matrix. Additionally, we treat all toes on both feet to ensure eradication of toenail fungus.
The reason why most OTC topical medications and home remedies do not cure toenail fungus is because the nail serves as a protective shield for the nail bed. Topical medicine simply cannot get through or around the nail to deliver the active ingredient that can inhibit fungi. Which is why they don’t work!
Also, the Lunula Laser presents none of the damaging side effects of oral anti-fungal medications. Plus, this suitable in-office procedure typically takes only minutes to perform, without any recovery period. Stop enduring the pain and shame of unpleasant nail fungus, and enjoy clear, beautiful nails today.
Cold Laser Treatment is Now the Gold Standard for Fungal Nails
- No side effects recorded by the manufacturer.
- Pain is not a concern for the patient during treatment sessions.
- Laser plus ongoing care plan provide the best results.
- Non-Thermal Laser.
- Treats all 5 nails on each foot at one time.
- Penetrates nail matrix which is the growth center for the nail and therefore higher clear rates than other Lasers.
- Studies show 89 percent of treated toenails demonstrate an increase in clear nails.