Laser Treatment of Fungal Nails
Lunula laser is the first and only non-thermal cold laser to receive FDA clearance for Onychomychosis.
The highest efficacy is achieved when the laser is used in conjunction with regular debridements and Laser Centers of America protocol regimes.
The core treatment plan consists of:
- Evaluation followed by the first treatment session if prescribed by the treating doctor
- 4 treatment sessions
- Optional items, such as personal hygiene items, are recommended for purchase
- Prevention recommendations
- Follow-up visits
How Lasers Work
Lasers allow doctors to use the power of light to accurately target and destroy fungal spores in the nail bed. Lunula Laser uses photochemistry to target the toenail and stimulate blood flow. Photochemistry is the study of light and color. With red and violet laser lights the photochemical reaction targets the toenail fungus and stimulates new clear toenail growth.
Does the Laser Get Through the Nail?
The reason why most OTC topical medications and home remedies do not cure toenail fungus is because the nail serves as a protective shield for the nail bed. These substances cannot get through or around the nail to deliver the active ingredient that can inhibit fungi.
Laser is amplified light that penetrates through the translucent nail and delivers a photo chemical response directly into the skin under the nail plate and can target fungal spores and help re-grow new healthy nail. Other Lasers do not penetrate the nail matrix.
Laser is Safe, Pain-free and Highly Effective
- No side effects recorded by the manufacturer.
- Pain is not a concern for the patient during treatment sessions.
- Laser plus comprehensive treatment plan provide the best result.
- Non-Thermal Laser.
- Treats all 5 nails at one time.
- Penetrates nail matrix which is the growth center for the nail and therefore higher clear rates than other Lasers.
About Our Providers
All of our specialists are Board Certified doctors of podiatric medicine or dermatologists.